Add Open with Option
No one can deny the importance of open with option which we see, when we do right click on a file. By this, we can open file with our desired program. We get open with option almost with every file but sometime this option unfortunately not available.So today in this post we will learn “How to add open with option to all files”. without wasting time, lets get started.
Also see: 21 useful Run commands
Procedure to add open with option to all files
For to add open with option to all files present in your computer then follow the given simple steps
1) Press win+R key from your keyboard.
2) Now go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell
3) Right click on Shell then create a new key and named it as “OpenWith” and set the default of the key to “Op&en With…”.
4) Add another key by right clicking on “OpenWith” key and then select New. Named the new key as “Command”.
5) Now set the default of newly created key (Command key) to “C:\Windows\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1″. (Here c:/ is the drive letter where you have installed your operating system).
By following above simple steps we can easily add open with option to all fines in our computer. If you have any question to ask related to that particular post then feel free to ask. We really appreciate your question and love to answer them. Leave your queries in the comments below if you have any.